You’re future’s stark yet bright baby, you’re an angel.
My head sank lower and said “ No, but I’m not”
I tried to hide a smile but I’d been caught
My delight eclipsed by severe tragedy
A memory strikes me now as funny
Myself, a child picturing now, just the way I am
But, I thought I had a great imagination
And the dreams I knew were all my own
What tortuous act, creation
Like fire does destroy all in it’s path
I took a chance and did not look back
The road seemed simple as I approached
Then destitute coldness soon encroached
Believe me baby, you’re an angel
I’m tired, but I will move on
Sing, sweet lover do not fail yourself
All I have in me is a song
Life, listless, too determined
Just to prove the probable fact
That once you’ve been lit, my love
You’re a rocket, no turning back

No comments:
Post a Comment